Gourmet Burgers Of New York: They Are Here To Stay For Years To Come
By Shalu M Gupta
Burgers are universal. They’re beloved by people of all nations and rise to the level of gourmet art in New York City. Theburgers of New York aren’t just your typical fast-food, short-order cook quick bites. No, New York burgers are real meals.
Over the last few years, New York City has embraced and championed the gourmet burger trend. Far from the average fast food burgers, gourmet burgers stand apart due to their high-quality meat and their fresh, exotic toppings and fillings.
These burgers have been in vogue for over a decade now, and according to an article published in QSR magazine, gourmet burgers were first introduced by French chef Daniel Boulud, in the form of a DB burger, which featured sirloin stuffed with braised short rib and foie Gras on a Parmesan bun.
With the introduction of the DB burger came an increased demand for gourmet burgers all over New York.
In a world where hype dies out after a few years, gourmet burgers persist in New York City. In fact, a recent study conducted by Technomic (a research firm) concluded that more and more people want locally raised, grass fed, organic, and hormone and antibiotic free meat in their burgers. The increased inclination towards these healthier choices of meat in burgers is evident as in the last two years the number of people preferring locally-raied meat in their burgers has grown by 4%.
In addition, the study also revealed that people are willingly paying more for burgers labeled as “premium.”Since these premium burgers contain higher quality meat, customers are open to the idea of spending a few extra dollars to give their body the right nutrition.
It was also revealed that people are no longer excited by regular burgers the way they once were, and are therefore shifting more towards innovative and healthy options. This growing demand for higher quality burgers and meat is in fact the reason behind the rapid rise of several unique burger joints in New York.
Now that you feel a craving for these burgers after reading so much about them, let us help you find some of the innovative and inspiring burgers of New York at some famous places.
- Located on 1st Ave, Garden Gourmet specializes in delectably juicy burgers such as their signature Bacon Burger. Other options include their 100% white meat Turkey Burger, the Mexican Burger with cheddar cheese and jalapenos, and many more.
- From sirloin to salmon and everything in between, Hell’s Kitchen is home to some of New York’s finest burgers. Lucky’s Original Burger featuring 100% angus beef at Lucky’s Famous Burgers is served with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, raw onions, ketchup and mustard, and is just divine.
- For when you crave a scrumptious burger, look no further than Whitman’s on 9th Street. The Bluicy Burger, Hound Burger and the Patty Melt Burger are just a few from a host of recommended favorites.
- Everyday Gourmet Deli on Lexington Ave excels in the freshest homemade burgers. Take your pick from a wide range of options including favorites like the Cajun Turkey Burger, California Burger or the BBQ Turkey Burger.
- The burgers at Atomic Wings are renowned for their zesty, spicy and savory sauces. The wide range of sauces ensures each and every kind of palate can be satisfied.
At the end of the day all we can say for sure is that innovation is the key to success in the burger business. The more innovative, stylish and healthy the burger, the larger the restaurant’s customer base. The secret lies in creating a burger familiar enough so people can identify it, but also unique so it has a new, intriguing twist that catches the eye.
If you want to feast on these mouth-watering burgers but don’t want to move a muscle from the comfort of your couch, worry not! All of these restaurants offer online ordering. Browse through menus, pick your favorite foods, place your order and wait for your bell to ring. It’s that simple!
A content writer by profession but a big foodie at heart, Shalu Gupta has always found her inspiration in food and the temples in which they reside. Boasting a major in journalism, her passion lies in writing about food.